[Advaita-l] Query regarding the birthplace of Bhaskararaya

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Sat Jan 21 03:54:32 CST 2012

Namaste Maliniji,

//////

I read at one place that Bhaskararaya was born in Hyderabad and there is a
Bhaskar ji Temple somewhere in Narayanpet in Mahboobnagar in Andhra Pradesh
where his padukas are kept.

If anyone has any details regarding the same, information would be most
welcome.

-Malini-

////

I was fortunate enough yesterday to be accompanied by the descendant of the
daughter of Shri Bhaskararaya Makhin to Narayanpet.  His name is Shri Jnaneshwar Devji.
I was also fortunate enough to see the mercury sriyantra which was being worshipped
by the descendants of Shri Bhaskararaya.  It is currently kept on the samadhi of the great srividyopasaka by name Shri Dheeranandanatha who was also relative of  Smt. Ambika Devji (daughter of Bhasakararaya).

Alongwith rasa sriyantra, a pair of padukas of bhaskararaya are also to be seen.

I can give you the contact no. of Shri Jnaneshwardevji offline who currently resides in
Narayanpet, Mahaboobnagar dist. of Andhra Pradesh.

Pls contact me offline for further details.

regs,
sriram