[Advaita-l] Is the concept of maya essential to explain advaita?

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Wed Jan 25 09:31:39 CST 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012, Venkatesh Murthy wrote:

> I am showing that Maya is not supported by Adi Sankara below.

No you are not.  You are showing that Maya is not supported by Srinivasa
Rao (whoever that may be.)  Though I suppose it is some sort of progress
that you are giving some sort of sources now.  To make further progress,
show where in the sutrabhashya Shankaracharya has said what you think he
has said.