[Advaita-l] Holenarsipur Swamiji's remarks and why even Avidya is not necessary for Advaita

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:23:13 CST 2012

> >I think you will have to go through the recent exchanges consisting of a
> >number of quotes from Shankara's bhashyam to understand the Advaita
> >prakriya.
>
> I went through all of them, and they show that from a logical standpoint,
> the concept of maya is necessary. But they do not show in the least that a
> sAdhaka of advaita needs to know about mAyA for getting moksha. If
> knowledge of maya is necessary for moksha, then sruti would have said mAyA
> vid Apnoti param.

Just a brief comment on this line of thought. There needs to be no dichotomy
between a logical standpoint and what a sAdhaka needs to know for moksha.
Neither is a logician devoid of mumukshutva, nor does a mumukshu need to
leave logical thinking behind, at the very start of his or her sAdhana.

This will be the last comment I contribute to this ill-named thread.

Vidyasankar