[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Wed Jul 4 01:27:47 CDT 2012

Namaste Subbuji,

//

What exactly did the Rshis do?  What was their role?  My guess is that
their role was in propagating the Veda, mainly for adhyayanam purposes.  I
know we are not getting the complete picture.  Maybe more questioning,
study, deliberating, discussing with mahatma-s and scholars, etc. is
required.  The present discussion is aiding such an endeavour.

//

I agree with you.

Based on the sabdanityatvavAda and apaurshEya lakSaNa of shruti, there could be
vitaNDa vAdana that words of Bible & Quran are also apaurshEya.  The vAda could be like this.

The words of Jesus / Mohammad *existed prior* to their incarnation.  So, Jesus & Prophet were only the medium through whom Bible & Quran were *revealed*.  And hence, apaurshEya.

How to tackle this problem.

regs,
sriram