[Advaita-l] Sandhyavandana procedure doubt

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 06:05:48 CDT 2012

Namaste

There are some Youtube Sandhyavandana videos. Some Telugu Smartas are
doing with Shalya but there are two Srivaishnavas with no Shalya. Not
sure he has extra threads. He is not sitting properly also. He does
not have Arghya plate also for giving Arghya. How can they do Sandhya
like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0t91nvbrdo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmAP5V_TX2o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi-9RnT5qVw

One question is when having food should there be a Shalya or not? One
Brahmin is having food with not Shalya here. Is it correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkgWPP-xzMo

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Abhishek Madhyastha
<abhishek046 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Vidyasankar,
>
> Much thanks for your clarification sir. But the other replies on this
> thread and the threads bifurcated from this one are all critical I
> must say. On top of this they are giving citations as well. Could you
> kindly tell me if there is any reason for this difference in the
> practice? Is it against the shastras like other members are telling?
> The places that you cited, including udupi(my hometown) all belong to
> the Parasurama kshetra. Does this have something to do with the
> practice?
>
> Regards,
>
> Abhishek Madhyastha

-Venkatesh