[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

ravi chandrasekhara vadhula at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 12:49:21 CDT 2012

What if the "Guru" is against shastras. How do we know what is proper ? To give an example:

What if a"Guru" allows and calls these exceptions:

1.Marriage between a sanyasi and sanyasini.
2.A Braahmana Grihasta to give up yagnopaveeta.
3.A person in a Hindu jaathi  that is vegetarian to eat beef.
4.Homosexual marriage.

To extend this; can a person outside of chaturvarna, who is an exceptional case, be dharmically allowed by his Guru to marry a Braahmana's daughter ? Socially and legally, answer is yes; I'm referring to shastric point of view.

Ravi Chandrasekhara