[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

praveen kumar drpraveenks at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 12:52:00 CDT 2012

Sri Venkataramani,

We have to deal birth as not an accidental event but a finely regulated and
planned event.Each jeevatama is given or rather it has chosen
a particular varna in this birth based on it's accumulated karma of the
past,the karma that it has to undergo etc.
Now with particular reference about Westerners have satvic attributes.You
are not at all justified in using brahmana word just based
on the outwardly satvic nature.They are already born in a faith/religion
different from sanatana dharma.The best course for them is to
follow their own ordained religion and follow the righteous path.The whole
process of karmic balance will ensure that they get elevated
in subsequent janma to pursue those traits.

If somebody wants to take the good principles from sanatana dharma and
follow them,that is also acceptable though less than satisfactory
as krishna himself said in geeta swadharma alone is shreshta.This is
something even achrayas like Sri Chandrashekarabharathi swamiji
told repeatedly.
What becomes unnecessary or unacceptable is to give an artificial tag of
varna and do conversion,give yagnopavita,allow marriages
between religions,allowing upanayana samskara to the children born from
such union etc.

These are all based on my discussions with late Sri Rangapriya desikan who
was one of the finest exponenets of dharma shastra of the country.
We can't think/act as we wish.These are all already fine tuned and
regulated processes.

--
Praveen