[Advaita-l] Are Vedic Characters and events fictitious?

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 15 12:46:15 CDT 2012

Subbuji - PraNAms
Without going into the explanations and extracted meanings offered for the words, names and characters found in the vedantic dialogues, I get the feeling that the explanations are offered to suite the original thesis or hypothesis. It is like you make a model and fit or adopt things to fit into the model.

Personally, I discard all these as inconsequential but focus on the teaching based on the absolute truth, which is impeccably logical or self-consistent, even though truth is beyond logic. The truth is apurusheyam is a fact not based on faith or belief and not even logic. I am existence-consciousness is a fact. The rest of incidents how and to whom it is revealed is incidental. I do agree that if those are important for a student then they are.
Just my 2c

Hari Om!
Sadananda