[Advaita-l] Words worth contemplating

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 02:55:24 CDT 2012

The following comment, in my opinion, makes a fine representation of the
Atma jnani's case, he/she who wants to become one and who has become one.
That is why the sthitaprajna lakshana in the BG 2nd chapter commences with
Shankara prefacing:  Here are mentioned the lakshanas of those of an
accomplished one and the one who is on the path to such accomplishment.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/article3644059.ece

Observing that a playback singer’s journey is an eternal corrective process
in which one learns to make fewer and fewer mistakes, he says: “There is no
perfect musician anyway. There are only very good musicians who make fewer
mistakes.” And that, he says, has been his pursuit as well. “I know what I
am capable of and more importantly, I know what I cannot do.”

regards
subrahmanian.v