[Advaita-l] Pancha Kanya Questions

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Wed Jun 6 11:29:47 CDT 2012

Dear
I have heard it -as recited by my father as -Ahalya,Dhraupathim,Seetha ,
Tara Madhodharim thatha.Pancha Mathru smaren nithyam maha pathaka
nasanam.They are revered mothers as per this version.About your queries as
to  why only these five  are quoted and that too there are some  observed
deviations from the bench mark of an ideal womanhood in these divine
characters I have no answer.Perhaps if the authorship of this sloka is known
we may get the correct perspective.That will be purely academic and may not
help you spiritually.
R.Krishnamoorthy.