[Advaita-l] Cotard Syndrome and Brahman Realisation

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Mon Jun 11 13:17:34 CDT 2012

///
When I say the sukshuma sarira survives death and functions "normally",
I obviously don't say it continues to control sthula sarira.
By normal functioning I mean the sense if self (ahankara),
taking decisions (buddhi), feeling (manas) and seeing etc. (indriyas).
According to mainstream modern science, there is no sukshuma sarira

//

yastu linga sharIrAdapaiti salingasharIrAvacchinaH pramAtaivatasya cha
nasvatO grasana kartruttvaM, sharIrasyaiva sthUlasya bhOgAyata tvEnataM
.............annAdigrasanaM

For the normal people, who shed their mortal coil, the sUkSma sarira assumes yAtanA sharira.  This yAtana sharIra should be nurtured with tilOdaka.

In case of yogis, they are able to visualize the transition period with their yogic procedure called *linga bhanga*.  Just as we remove and wear our clothes, in the similar fashion, yogis can release their physical sheath at their own sweet will.  The yogis can *clearly see and perceive* their sUkSma sharIra.  A quick reference of Purushottama Prapti Yoga can
reveal this.

///
The question is not about the attitude of the jnani. We are talking about a situation where he has become insane after attaining jnanam. His manas and buddhi have lost their concentration and discrimination.

//

It is really a pity that you have used a sweeping statement for an avadhUta who is called *ati-varNAshrami*.  Extremes always look alike and for we *ajnAnIs*, the avadhUtAs seem to insane.  They sometimes move like bAla, unmatta, pishAcha vat.  kadA yOgi, kadA bhOgi, kadA nagna pishAcha vat describes the dattatreya leelas while describing the great avadhuta dattatreya.

During the recent times, Shri Sadasiva Brahmendra Saraswati, Shri Chandrasekhara Bharati exhibited the above *paramahaMsa charya*.

//
With what does the jnani see in a detached manner?
//

That is what is all the vedanta about :))  He sees everything and yet sees nothing

BTW, there is no yardstick to measure jivanmuktAs and we can't judge their lifestyle with our own limited intelligence.

regs,
sriram