[Advaita-l] : Sankhya and Yoga can give Moksha?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jun 15 07:13:38 CDT 2012

praNAms Sri Venkatesh Murthy prabhuji
Hare Krishna

It depends on Jnani's Prarabdha Karma. Some Jnanis may have some habits
before. But the habits will continue after Jnana.

>  You mean to say prabhuji, jnAni's prArabdha karma continue to influence
his addictions also irrespective of his jnAna.  So, prArabdha karma which
is the cause for the continuation of jnAni's body, will also influence his
buddhi and forces him stick to his pre-jnAna period compulsions also.

>  Now, my doubt is, when there is no significant change in his normal
routine activities & cravings AFTER even paramArtha jnAna,  how can we
draw a demarkation line between pre and post jnAna period of the same
jnAni??  Or is it our subjective judgement that one person was not jnAni
then but now he is jnAni etc.?? Because since there will be no 'external'
remarkable change in his activity and habits, it will be only faith based
judgement.  am I right in saying this??

Like some Jnani may have habit of drinking very frequent coffee and
tea and smoking also. He may not stop them after Jnana. Other Jnanis
like Krishna may have other habits like dancing and playing with
women. They are all Prarabdha only.

>  To be frank with you, I was really not aware that prArabdha has this
type of bigger umbrella to cover even the questionable activities of the
jnAni.  I think, under the shelter of prArabdha, we can defend any & every
activity that raises the eye brows of others,  because prArabdha is
completely out of control for even paramArtha jnAni-s:-))

>  Kindly pardon my 'uddhatathana'and bear with this doubt.  Suppose, if
jnAni, in his pre-jnAna days, spending money on 'fast moving women and
slow moving horses', will he continue to do so even after the dawn of
jnAna??  We cannot rule out this possibility since his prArabdha may be
forcing him to do so.

This is why we must always follow the oral instructions of Jnanis but we
should imitate the acts when
the acts are not against Dharma. Other acts we should not imitate.

>  Again, I am sorry to say that shankara gives entirely different picture
of the jnAni after the dawn of jnAna, ofcourse without bringing the
influence of prArabdha in post jnAna activity.  For example you can see
shankara's mundaka bhAshya & geeta bhAshya on sthita prajna &
samyakdarshi, where he clarifies what is the 'phala' of the paramAtma
jnAna.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar