[Advaita-l] dakSiNAmUrti stOtra from sUta saMhita

Satish Arigela satisharigela at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 07:36:20 CDT 2012

From: Shrisha Rao shrao at nyx.net

> However, I am not aware that there is any connection between the AV and tantra (in any manifestation), and it is questionable how the AV can be reasonably associated with black arts.  Certainly such a view would not be "widely spread" and would be strenuously objected >to by Vaidikas and Vedantins.

There is a scholarly opinion that tantra is an extension of the AV or that AV with its parishiShTa-s is somehow the precursor of formal tAntrika disciplines.

There are spells in AV for harming shatru-s and related acts. I was under the impression that this is common knowledge. Magic whether Balck or white or a different shade of it definitelty is part of AV.

I was also told that one can find shatru mAraNa mantra-s elsewhere in the veda-s i.e. other than AV.

I am also curious to know how and why would vaidika-s object to the presence of black magic in AV or any other veda.