[Advaita-l] Apoureshyatva - Faith or Logic?

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at lalitaalaalitah.com
Mon Jun 25 16:23:42 CDT 2012

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com/>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://dooid.com/lalitaalaalitah>*

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM, Shyam <shyam_md at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To the complete contrary, without first examining the current state of
> knowledge of the scientific method and harboring a healthy degree of
> skepticism which that very scientific method demands in terms of rigor, and
> identifying the limitations of those very concepts and theories, (instead
> of blindly accepting them as fact), while in the meantime, hastening to
> reinterpret Vedic dictums in a wantonly liberal manner, in a misguided
> attempt at avant-garde sensibility, is what will rob our tradition of any
> sense of credibility and coherence. And to undertake such an exercise to
> accomodate a halfbaked theory of evolution that cannot stand scrutiny in
> its own light will certainly be tragic.

This is correctly said.
We must remember that we are talking in terms of If and then here. It shows
that we are talking about possibilites only and not truth.
That's why I told somewhere that anumAna is different from saMbhAvanA.
Moreover, test of validity is applicable of both apauruSheyatva of veda-s
and theories of science. Granting any one validity without tests is just a
fancy show of faith and lack of wit.