[Advaita-l] mleccha-s not eligible to take Hinduism??

Abhishek Madhyastha abhishek046 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 22:25:17 CDT 2012

I remember a dialogue from the movie on acharya which goes somewhat
like-"The shastras forbade sanyasins from performing the rites of a
person but a sanyasin is one who is not bound by the shastras at all!
So he is free to perform the rites when necessary."

Regarding parakaya pravesha, I remember having read somewhere that
while ascending the Sarvajna peetha, Sharada devi questioned Shankara
as to how he is pure even after doing parakaya pravesha? For this I
believe Shankara replied- "That which is not done in my body cannot be
regarded as a taint on my purity. Moreover, the question of purity is
for my body alone but I am not a body, I am the self who is ever
pure."