[Advaita-l] Ashwamedha Yajna in Hasan

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:48:39 CST 2012

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WF6ncYYaMk4
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaPheR00I2g
>
> I think this is not like the Gayatri Pariwar Ashwamedha at all. It is
> different because so many Ritwiks were there. But was it done
> correctly? This is my question.

I think you are asking this to the wrong group of people. If Srauta
experts from Kerala were engaged in the event, then my expectation
is that they would have stuck to the prescribed format for doing any
ritual as preserved in the nambUdiri Srauta tradition. Beyond that,
you must ask the same experts about details of what they did and
how they did it.

As for a ban during kaliyuga, I already pointed to the fact that the
gupta emperors are documented to have performed aSvamedha-s,
more than a 1000 years ago, but well after kaliyuga started. In more
recent times, several Rajput kings are known to have performed the
yajna or at least attempted to perform it. Certainly, all of them had
good experts in dharmaSAstra advising them over the centuries.

Regards,
Vidyasankar