[Advaita-l] Ishwara Turiya?

ShankaraBharadwaj Khandavalli shankarabharadwaj at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 9 03:33:44 CST 2012

Namaste Ramesh,

The sub-classification is done in some cases. When sthula-sukshma-karana are the first three, the fourth is brahman. Some traditions introduce a mahA kAraNa which is called turIya (and thus the mahA kAraNa or Isvara becomes fourth or turIya), in which case the absolute becomes fifth or turIyAtIta. The mahA kAraNa is not the same as Mandukya's turIya, it is the turIyAtIta in that terminology that becomes equivalent of Mandukya's turIya.

Shankar
Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com

Thu Mar  8 23:45:49 CST 2012