[Advaita-l] Grand Soma Yaga Athiratram in Bhadrachalam AP from 21 April to 02 May 2012

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Mar 14 03:02:36 CDT 2012

In the
Sringeri (Mysore) pATha, there is no elongation of certain svaritas. For
example, in "agnimILe purohitaM...", the "hi" in purohitaM is a svarita.

praNAms Sri Ananda Hudli prabhuji
Hare Krishna

Yes, when I listened this style of chanting for the first time I got
confused :-)) But in Mysore style of chanting also svarita at the end of
maNtrAkshara  will be chanted in an elongated form.  For example,
Rigvedeeya gaNesha sUkta, adAshUshtarasya vedaH, here last akshara 'da'
with visarga has the svarita, Hence it will be chanted like 'dAH' instead
of daH as we chant in yajurveda.  Another example  rAtri sUkta, devyA
akshabhiH, is chanted akshabheeH, since bhi is svarita.  Is there any
'AdhAra' for this style of chanting??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar