[Advaita-l] Comments of an ISCKON follower

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Sat Mar 17 09:26:37 CDT 2012

Namaste,

Bhagavan Krishna Himself says in BG as "Ishwara sarvabhUtAnAM hridEshE arjuna tiShTati".  And Bhagavan Krishna is none other than Ishwara for we Advaitins.  And hence, we surrender unto Him only who is the indweller of All.

Shri Chandrasekhara Bharati while performing Srichakra Navavarana Archana during
the night, quite often, used to apply kumkuma on Himself and put flowers on Himself.
Thus, He used to be in trance the whole night.  He attained such advaitic state of
realisation.

So, it was natural on the part of Acharya Sankara to comment on that sloka with such a commentary as He was an epitome of advaita siddhanta.

When somebody criticizes Shankara, it implies it is their *state of mind* and their
*samskAra* and we advaitins should pity on them and should never return back the
brickbats.  ISKCON has criticized Lord Shiva as Demi-God and Advaita as the philosophy
of rascals (by Srila Prabhupada).

But, we advaitins, take everything in our stride and march on ahead on the royal path of
Advaita with heads held high.

For criticizing others means criticizing ourselves.....

regs,
sriram