[Advaita-l] Bhagavad GIta - 745 Verses

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 15 11:14:22 CST 2012

Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya

You will find the relevant verses in the Gita Press edition. The critical edition had left out the relevant verses. One of the editors, Dr. Bevalkar, was of the opinion that Bhagavad Gita could not have had 745 verses and so the relevant verses were left out.

Secondly Abhinavagupta does not give all the rare verses. He mentioned only some of them.