[Advaita-l] Regret to inform the death of one of our beloved member Sri Devanathan

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 00:35:58 CST 2012

Hari Om,

This comes as a shock to me and I'm very saddened; I still can't believe
it!! I didn't know that Devanathan, whom I knew as Aravind, had any prior
medical condition since the past 6 odd years that I came to know him
online. I met Aravind on the Orkut Vidyaranya group that he ran, among
others. Since then, we've had known each other via phone, chat, mails,
lists, social networks, etc, but never could I meet him in person. I
remember once we'd planned meeting in Sringeri but I couldn't go, though I
could send him him a sAlagrAma from Rishikesh that he requested me for.

There was a time when Aravind insisted that I move to Sringeri and buy a
plot there and so would he too, to be neighbours. He intended to do
full-time sAdhana once having saved enough money abroad and then take to
sannyAsa, which he insisted I do too. He was a well-learned sampradAyavAdi
with immense guru-bhakti, who always lent me a helping hand in adhyAtmika
studies when needed. Aravind encouraged me to study sampradAyika bhAshyAs &
tIkAs and I treasure his guiding notes. I shall miss this dear satsangi.

I'm sure list-members too will miss Aravind for his scholarly mails, grown
rare in the recent past.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */