[Advaita-l] 'dhyAna, dhAraNa, etc.'

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:21:25 CDT 2012

> > I think here Shankara has in mind the patanjali yoga shAstra prasiddha
> >

> BhagavAn ShankarA never demeans patanjali Yoga Sutras but the means cann ot
> be the END!!!

Namaskaras Swamiji,

The history and background to this discussion thread is that there is a section of
people that wants to reject yoga even as a means to the end. What I have been
painstakingly pointing out and what I think Sri Subrahmanian is also doing with
other quotations, is to show that yoga is indeed endorsed as a means in the
bhAshya-s.

With best regards,
Vidyasankar