[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 5 03:58:19 CDT 2012

praNAms
Hare Krishna

If I'm right, the rudra trishati can be recited for archana purpose
while using a bilwa/tulsi leaf for each name.

> yes, ashtOttara (108 names of shiva) and krama pAtha also can be done
for the rudra archana vidhi.  And for the bilwArchana, tridaLam,
triguNAkAram, trinetrancha triyAyudhaM, trijanma pApasaMhAram eka bilvaM
shivArpaNam stOtra-s also can be recited.

However, in the sri rudra japa aka Rudraprashnaha abhishekam must be done
to the Shiva
linga continuosly till the end of the japa(namaka+chamaka).

>  yes, both namaka & chamaka will be recited for the rudrAbhishekaM.
However, in some parts of the South India, (in Bangalore Ritvika prapancha
:-)) namaka is used for the rudra shOdashOpachAra pooja (like purusha
sUkta), for example, for dhUpa we chant 'vijyaM dhanuH kapardino', for
nirAnjana ' namaste astu bhagavan vishweshvarAya, and for the maNtra
pushpa 'drApe andhasaspate' maNtra'.  And in hOma-s, during  vasOrdhAra we
recite 'shanchame' (3rd anuvAka of chamaka prashna).  So, viniyOga of
these maNtra-s not only restricted to only rudrAbhishekaM.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar