[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Sep 6 07:23:15 CDT 2012

I don't think Tila will cause ashoucha. I have seen black Tila is used
in Sankalpa for some Ganapati Pooja and they use Black Tila in homa
also. They won't wash the hands afterwards.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

I did not say use of krishna tila itself causes ashoucha. For that matter
main dravya for the rudra hOma is Ajya mishrita tila vreehi.   I just
said, after the  AjyAhuti to rudra, mantrOkta devata-s, pitrus, (like in
jayAdi hOma in yajurvedeeya agnimukha)  we would wash our hands by saying
apa upa sprushya.  I thought reason for this is rudra is smashANa vAsi.  I
heard that some orthodox srivaishNava-s, if they accidentally have the
shiva linga darshana or shiva temple, immediately they go home and take
bath as they have seen the smashANavAsi rudra :-))  But I donot know how
far it is true.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar