[Advaita-l] Question about Rudra Trishati

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 10:58:47 CDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>   I thought reason for this is rudra is smashANa vAsi.  I
> heard that some orthodox srivaishNava-s, if they accidentally have the
> shiva linga darshana or shiva temple, immediately they go home and take
> bath as they have seen the smashANavAsi rudra :-))  But I donot know how
> far it is true.

I heard from a talk by Sri VeLukkuDi Krishnan Swami, a noted scholar of the
Srivaishnava sampradaya that when Sri Ramanuja was walking the street of a
town there was a very heavy downpour.  When someone from a Shiva temple
there called him in to rest for a while till the rain stopped, Ramanuja is
reported to have replied:  A pativratA will not go to a parapuruSha.  In
the same way I will not enter a temple other than Vishnu's.

subrahmanian.v