[Advaita-l] 'Chants in Cyberspace' स्वदेशो भुवनत्रयम्

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Sep 12 03:08:24 CDT 2012

Some time back I had said in marriages also some person can argue the
bride will become the Purohita's wife but not bridegroom's wife
because all Mantras are said by Purohita.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

No, it is not like that, in saMkalpa itself we ask the kartru to do
saMkalpa as  'AchArya mukhena kAraishye' and wherever necessary we ask the
kartru to say 'mama' or 'shvaH' karishyamANaH etc,. and we will ask him (
the 'vara' or the  bridegroom)  to repeat almost all vivAha viniyOga
maNtra-s (most of the maNtra-s comes in yajurAraNyaka ekAgni kAnda) during
kanyAgrahaNa, dhAre, mAngalya dhAraNa etc. If the above argument is true,
then every purOhita would have atleast 15-20 wives in marriage season
every year :-))

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar