[Advaita-l] Priority of Pramana based on Knowledge Domain

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 05:45:33 CDT 2012

Subbuji
- praNAms
Just a
point of note. Negation of pratyaksha by aagama is done ontologically looking
from the higher order and while still accepting it as a true at the
vyaavahaarika level - just as from the point of gold there are no ornaments but
from the point of ring, bangle etc., they are as real as the one who is perceiving
it. Dvaitins many not accept the orders of reality. Hence the hierarchy of the
pramaanas also have to be from a reference. From the objective scientist, who
sees things only at the level of vyaavahaarika satyam, the prathyaksha forms
higher than the rest of the five pramaanaas. Shankara says in one place if
scripture says fire is cold we have to reject it since it is against pratyaksha
unless the sentence has some other meaning.