[Advaita-l] Advaita and Islam?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 01:30:26 CDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:33 AM, Srikanta Narayanaswami <
srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Namaste.
>
> The Advaita vedanta is the natural and logical culmination of the
> Upanishads.The Upanishads are the crown jewels of the Vedas(shiromani).The
> Advaita vedanta speaks of the formless,all pervading God,which it
> calls,Brahman,which means,big(from the "Brh datu).

The Shvetashvataropanishat mantra 6.11 :

*एको देवः* सर्वभूतेषु गूढः सर्वव्यापी *सर्वभूतान्तरात्मा*
कर्माध्यक्षः सर्वभूताधिवासः साक्षी चेता केवलो निर्गुणश्च.
declaration is at once teaching both the Advaitic nature of the Supreme and
its being devoid of attributes.

regards
subrahmanian.v