[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nana jiva vada.

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 23:35:49 CDT 2013

Namaste Sri Sadananda Sir

I have gone through your e-mail carefully. You have said two things. Mithya
and Asat. Mithya is experienced but Asat is not experienced. If someone
imagines hare's horn it is experienced and Mithya for him but for others it
is Asat. Is it not? Mithya is Not Sat Not Asat. Mithya is Sat Asat
Vilakshanam. Asat thing cannot be seen. It will not be DRushya.

But Alata Shanti Prakarana has said even experienced thing is Asat only.
What you are saying Mithya as Not Sat Not Asat is not found anywhere in
Gaudapada Karika. Kindly show me where it is said Mithya is Not Sat Not
Asat.
असज्जागरिते दृष्ट्वा स्वप्ने पश्यति तन्मयः ।
असत्स्वप्नेऽपि दृष्त्वा च प्रतिबुद्धो न पश्यति ॥  GK ASP 39
In this Sloka Gaudapada has said one person can SEE ASAT thing in waking
and SEE it in dream also. He may see Asat thing in dream but not in waking.

But you have said Asat cannot be seen. You are calling seen thing as Mithya
but Gaudapada has said it is Asat only.

The Sat Asat Vilakshana is NOT Gaudapada's view. It is invented by other
Advaitis to confuse Purva Pakshis. When GK has said Mithya it means Asat
only. There cannot be anything Not Sat Not Asat.

-Venkatesh