[Advaita-l] Kaivalyopanishad referred by Shankara

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Aug 14 05:36:27 CDT 2013

In the introduction to the Aitareya Upanishad bhAShyam Shankara cites the
KaivalyopaniShad mantra 'na karamaNA na prajayA dhanEna tyAgEnaike
amRtatvam AnashuH' by mentioning 'iti cha kaivalya-shrutiH'.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

na karmaNa maNtra is there in taitereeya mahAnArAyaNa up. also.  I read
some where that the statement  'iti cha kaivalya shrutiH' could be the
later addition to the original bhAshya since  normally we dont see shruti
references by shankara when quoting shruti maNtra-s, he quotes directly
shruti maNtra without any reference title like this.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar