[Advaita-l] Hare Rama

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 23:47:44 CST 2013

Namaste

Advaitis dont care Hare Rama is first or Hare Krishna is first. All Mantras
are useful if they are coming from Authentic Source. All Mantras are good.
You can say Hare Rama first or Hare Krishna first but benefit will be same.
If you say Om Namaha Shivaaya also benefit is same. Vishnu and Shiva are
same. Mantras have to be given to you by Guru. If you simply say a mantra
35 million times without Guru Upadesha it will have no effect.

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM, <rajaramvenk at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are two versions of the kali santarana upanishad manuscript extant
> today. The oldest has hare krishna version. However, the older tradition in
> guruvayoor has hare rama version. Can you please let me know your thoughts
> what advaitins accept as authentic?

-Venkatesh