[Advaita-l] Doubts on karma, future births, etc.

Suresh mayavaadi at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 00:57:38 CST 2013

Thanks, friends.

I understand that only Jnana can eliminate all karma - not disputing that. But I am wondering how we will know whether the karma is getting eliminated? I am talking about evaluating ourselves, not judging others. How will I know for certain that Jnana is destroying my karma, and that there is nothing else i need to do?

I am a little confused as to how we assess progress - do we simply assume that because we're advaitins (and therefore have right knowledge), karma will be eliminated sooner or later? Or do we assess our behavior, thoughts, and come to conclusions?

Suresh