[Advaita-l] What is Gupta Navaratri?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 03:11:00 CST 2013

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Venkata sriram P
<venkatasriramp at yahoo.in>wrote:

> Namaste,
>
> /// and the spitting of the red juice on someone  //
>
> It was none other than syama sastri's own guru Sri Sangeeta Swami, who was
> a yati.

Thanks.  Here is that episode that I had heard long ago:

https://sites.google.com/site/chitrakoota/Home/carnatic-music

// *Sangita* *Swami* instructed him to make the acquaintance of *
Pachimariyam* *Adiyappan* to listen to his scholarly music. *Shyama* *
Shastri* did so, and almost immediately became *Adiyappayya’s* favorite. He
was quite enthralled by the young *Shyama’s* music and even, it is said,
refused to wipe a stain *Shyama* had accidentally caused while chewing
betel leaves from his clothes, saying that it, too, had in it the mysteries
of *Shyama’s* true music (*nija* *sangita*).//

Thanks to Shri D.V.N.Sharma for the other reference.

regards
subrahmanian.vf