[Advaita-l] What is Difference between Brahma and Sweetness ?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:20:49 CST 2013

Namaste

I find one difference. If you like to eat sweet Pongal  you will enjoy
1st plate. If you are hungry the 2nd plate will give joy also. But if
you try to eat 50 plates you can see after some time you will not like
it. Joy becomes converted to unhappiness and pain.

But Brahma is not like that. Even if you taste it continously for long
time you will not feel sad.

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Swami Sarvabhutananda
<swami.sarvabhutananda at gmail.com> wrote:
> OM
> There is no difference!
> BRAHMA jnAnam transcends TIME,space and objectivity!
> It is not ajaha-amrutah!
> Swami Srvabhutananda
>
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Venkatesh Murthy <vmurthy36 at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Namaste
>>
>> I was having a discussion with one person interested in Jaina
>> Philosophy. He said even things like sweetness cannot be described in
>> words. If you ask what is the difference between sweetness of sugar
>> and sweetness of jaggery this cannot be explained in words. If I ask
>> you to explain the joy of eating your favourite dish you cannot
>> explain in words. But the Advaiti says Brahma cannot be described in
>> words 'Yato Vacho Nivartante' Then tell me what is difference between
>> Brahma and  common person's joys of eating and other joys in the world
>> ?
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>>
>> -Venkatesh