[Advaita-l] Debate between Dwarka & Sumeru Shankaracharyas

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 2 13:55:11 CST 2013

Yes, There is no doubt that Swami Swarupananda is the rightful Mathadhipati of the Joshi and the Dwaraka maths. He is such an imposing personality that he commands respect of people by his very sight. Such is his aura. I had the good fortune of seeing him from close quarters when he visited Pune about 25 years ago. I also had the good fortune of meeting the Sankaracharya of the Kudali Sringeri math, who gave me a personal audience and that was about ten years ago. However I was not fortunate enough to meet the Swamiji of the Sringeri math when I visited Sringeri in the late 80s as he was not in Sringeri at the time.

What I personally feel that all the Sankaracharyas of the  Mathas associated with Adi Sankaracharya should meet more often and together

they can sort out things like what is happening at the Kumbha mela and prevent that from tarnishing the image of these great Sankara-mathas.

Regards,
Sunil KB