[Advaita-l] (Advaita-1)-Accepting Error

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 06:33:52 CST 2013

To:
"A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta" <advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org>

OM
Atma jnAnam does not come under the perview of 5 means of
knowledge-pratyaksham etc.
It is shAbda pramAnam!!
Understanding by hearing!
Hearing takes place!!!!!!
wishes and love.
Sw.Sarvabhutananda

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 4:46 AM, Srikanta Narayanaswami <
srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com> wrote:

> *OM
> THE KEY IS UNDERSTAND AND NOT UNDERSTAND BY OBJECTIFICATION!!!
> WISHES AND LOVE.
> SWAMI SARVABHUTANANDA
> I want to clarify that the discussion on the above topic has been mixed
> up.The first part quoted by you is by Sri Kuntimuddi Sadananda.My view has
> been expressed in later.
> Understanding is with objectificatiHabdaon.We have not seen anything
> without objectification.The moment we see undestand,it is with reference to
> an object.
> N.Srikanta.
Infact all knowledge comes from"Shabdha pramanam".A thing when it is said what it is comes from "Shabdha Pramanam".It is verbal testimony.A thing which is unknown is said by another by word.For instance,a cow  if it is not known is said by word.Infact all things in the world is said by word.But, "Atma"which is not under the purview of 5 means of knowledge like pratyaksham etc.cannot be knowneven by shabdha pramanam"which comes under the 5 categories.
N.Srikanta.