[Advaita-l] aruNa prashna & upanishad chanting in evening

D.V.N.Sarma డి.వి.ఎన్.శర్మ dvnsarma at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 01:05:21 CST 2013

I do not see why one wearing shirt and pants cannot recite vedas.
yajnopavita is essential. Dress code for Brahmins is not the same
as obtained at present in India. In northern India in the colder regions
brahmins do wear shirts or sweaters out of necessity.

We seem to forget or desparately try to forget that the sanatana dharma was
practiced by beef eating brahmins.

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 9:29 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> praNAms Sri Ram prabhuj
> Hare Krishna
>
> On a lighter vein :))
>
> That doesn’t mean that one can chant & refer the
> veda mantras by wearing Bermudas & while answering
> calls of nature.
>
> >  I wear panche (dhOti) & t-shirt,  so bermudas is out of question :-))
> By the way, is there any specific dress code while chanting veda-s or for
> doing vedAbhyAsa??  I've seen in Sai baba mandira and at some places (like
> in satyanArAyaNa pooja etc.) people wearing pants & shirts would join us
> in vedic recitation during maNtra pushpa or whenever they hear some
> familiar maNtra-s.  Can they join us (ritviks) like that prabhuji??
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

regards,
Sarma.