[Advaita-l] Interest Collection is Wrong according to Dharma?

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 05:55:24 CDT 2013

Namaste
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> There is a balance of Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha because the
> householder must have moderate desire for Artha and Kama.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> To the extent I can understand the act of balancing the artha, kAma in
> accordance with dharma...But I am unable to understand the act of
> 'balancing' the mOksha...Could you please elaborate this.

The Moksha Purushartha is telling us everything is temporary. All the
Dharma, Artha and Kama activities will be there for us to get the balance
of Mind. If there is good balance of Mind the person will understand
everything in the world is temporary. It is Vyavaharika. There will be true
Vairagya.

But if a person not having proper balance of Mind thinks everything is
temporary it is not correct. He can say why should I work? Why should I do
my duties as householder? The world is not real. I will not work. This is
Smashaana Vairagya like Vairgagya when some one dies and we are in a
Smashaana. We have to avoid this Smashaana Vairagya.

There should be balanced views of Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha for
Pravrutti Margis.

> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh