[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 21:11:34 CDT 2013

I think we have talked about this before too.  Sri Sada ji has given the
Advaitic perspective.  To reiterate, there is no eternal loka such as
Vaikuntha, accepted in vyAvahArika in Advaita.  Sri Appayya Dikshitar
pointed out that an upAsaka of that deity would find himself in that loka
before krama mukta culminates in the absolute Advaitic mukti.  To clarify,
what is called brahmaloka is 'seen'/'experienced' as shiva/vishnu loka by
that particular upAsaka.  In any case it is only in the vyavaharika and
that upasaka will attain the absolute advaitic moksha only by going beyond
that shiva/vishnu loka.

The fundamental understanding required is: if there is duality there is no
Vedantic mukti.

regards
subrahmanian.v