[Advaita-l] Eternal Loka

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Jul 26 09:33:28 CDT 2013

On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, rajaramvenk at gmail.com wrote:

> How obvious is that? We don't know rishis through pratyaksha or anumana
> but only through sabda. Unless we have pramana to say that sarvajna
> Ishwara dies during mahapralaya, we can't say His very breadth sabda
> becomes non-existent. If sabda exists, then all entities describes there
> exist as sabda, which includes the rishis.

Ishwar neither "dies" nor does shruti become "non-existent".  They merge
(i.e. lose separate identity) in the parabrahman.  They are then
regenerated in a new cycle of creation.  Seems pretty obvious to me from a
reading of Advaita Vedanta.  Whereas you are are having dffculties because
you are trying to shoehorn a completely different outlook into it.