[Advaita-l] Shankara and Kriya Yoga

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 01:15:40 CDT 2013

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 11:37 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:

> The 'Teacher' can appear in any form.  One's own intuitive capacity can
> very well be a teacher.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> Yes, teacher can come and teach his pupil in any form...Perhaps, that
> would be the reason to believe that shankara has been taught kriya yOga by
> bAbAji.  Since we donot know anything about it certainly as idamittaM,
> like your assumption that there is no need for guru to master siddhi-s,
> they (the kriya yOga followers) can also assume that shankara's guru is
> indeed bAbAji :-))

In this case the burden of proof lies on them, not on us.  To deny what
they propose does not require proof by us.  For us anupalabdhi in our works
is enough to deny their claims.

Also, I have a question on the 'chiranjeevi' status:  Is it not that the
entity is awarded the chiranjeevi status after his current birth? Does this
status go back to all his previous births too? I do not think so.  Also I
recently heard in a discourse that 'chiranjeevi' lasts only till this kalpa
and not beyond.

vs