[Advaita-l] Shankara and Kriya Yoga

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 6 17:50:33 CDT 2013

Namaste,

It wil be very kind of you if you kindly tell us where did Adi Shankara claim himself that he was an incarnation of Lord Shiva.

Secondly why should anybody think that Govindapada could not have taught him Yoga (including the Kriyas) ? Govindapada must have had both the Jnana and the expertise in Yoga and must have given bothof these  to Adi Shankara.  That is because both Jnana and Yoga are required for realizing the Brahman. Not for nothing Govindapada has been called an incarnation of Patanjali.

Regards,
Sunil KB