[Advaita-l] Can Jivan Mukta become bound again a if he offends Ishwara?

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Mon Jun 17 06:10:23 CDT 2013

praNAms Sri Sadananda prabhuji
Hare Krishna

The question itself is self-contradictory, since jiiva mukta means he is
liberated even though due to praarabda the BMI continues and he has
understood He is the totality not the local BMI.

>  But crux of the issue here is though he has the realization of totality
he continues to have this 'totality knowledge' in his 'local' BMI till the
death of his physical body.  So, till the death of the bhautika shareera
his 'local BMI' and the custodian of this local BMI i.e. jnAni would
continue to have the influence (bad or good) of prArabdha and avidyA lesha
and resultant rAga-dvesha...So, question is not self contradictory since
we are 'seeing' the living jeevan mukta & there is a mention of
rAga-dvesha in jnAni in some prakaraNa grantha-s like JMV (which Sri Subbu
prabhuji just now aptly quoted)  :-))

For him there is no Iswara separate from him since he is muktah - free
from all limitations.

>  not totally free from all limitations as long as he is alive in
shareera since he would be  facing  the music of prArabdha and traces of
avidyA.

It involves non-negatable understanding that aham brahma asmi and
therefore the jagat is mithyaa.

>  there is an occasional slip to this jnAna also...dvichandra darshana &
'digbhrAnta', vipareeta pratyaya to jnAni,  are the examples that we can
pick from shankara bhAshya itself :-))

Any statement in the scriptures related to Jiivan mukta have to be
appropriately interpreted.

>  In what way could you please elaborate it??

yat gatvaa na nivartante tad dhaama paramam mama.

> paramam padaM can be reached ONLY after shareera tyAga not before.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar