[Advaita-l] Vijnanavada and the concept of Alaya vijnana.

S Srivastava sksrivastava68 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 22:36:07 CST 2013

Sir:

In his "Alambana Pariksha book"Dignaga writes "Yadantar Jneya rupam tad
> bahiriva avabhasate"

Thanks for sharing this. Sounds very similar to the starting verse of
DakshiNAmUrthy stotram - vishwam darpaN drshyamAn nagarI tulyam
nijAntargatam.

> is quoted by Sri.Shankara in BSB under the topic
> ":Abhavadhikarana"Sri.Shankara criticises this concept of idealistic
> Mahayana Budhism in this topic.

 The fact that the world exists internally is confirmed by our experience
also. However, substance of this experience is I awareness. If the
substance is also dismissed, it leads to solipsism.

praNAm