[Advaita-l] Alaya vijnana and Adwaita.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 4 11:24:33 CST 2013

Namaste,

The simplest definition of  Shunyata as given in the Diamond sutta and the Hrdaya sutta is the state reached when the aspirant loses the five skandhas (koshas). That is the same as saying that the aspirnat became videhamukta.

To my knowledge etymologically both the Sanskrit words "Shunya" and "Brahman" means the expanded state. One name of Lord Vishnu is "Shunya" and Lord Shiva also has one name as "Shunya".

Regards,
Sunil KB