[Advaita-l] Shankara on non-Advaitic mokSha/Brahman

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 23:40:04 CST 2013

Namaste Sri Rajaram

Why to get confused with Ishvara? In Eka Jeeva Vada you are that
dreaming Jeeva. You are alone in the Universe. There are no other
Jeevas. All the people in the world are only your dream objects. You
are arguing with people here but they are parts of your dream only.
They are not real. Even I am writing this in your dream. Like that
even you have created someone called as Ishvara and you are
worshipping this dream Ishvara. When you worship this Ishvara if you
are happy it means your dream is good when you are worshipping.

 But you cannot guarantee your dream will always make you happy. If
and when your dream will end  by getting the dream Vedanta Jnana from
a dream Guru you will realize you are Brahman. At that stage there
will be no dream and no Ishvara also.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Bhaskar YR <bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com> wrote:
> All I am asking for is evidence from bhasyam to show that
> Ishwara is to be given up.
>
> praNAms
> Hare Krishna
>
> As far as I know, advaita vedAnta does not ask anyone to give-up Ishwara.
> Ishwara or sOpAdhika or kArya brahma is meant for archana, dhyAna &
> upAsana for the adhyAtmic sAdhaka-s.  But Ishwara (sOpAdhika)
> nevertheless, a reality of vyAvarArika which is avidyAkruta as per
> advaita's ultimate 'nirvishesha' brahma siddhAnta.  If you are looking for
> the bhAshya reference for this, you can refer sUtra bhAshya in
> ArambhaNAdhikaraNaM, where shankara clearly says brahman conditioned by
> name and form set up by avidyA becomes Ishwara, just as universal ether
> limited as it were by jars, pots etc. I think the originals have been
> quoted earlier several times in this very list.
>
> Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
> bhaskar

-Venkatesh