[Advaita-l] Dog sitting in front of Pooja Room

vaidehi chaitanya vaidehi.chaitanya at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 08:23:08 CDT 2013

The situation you have posed can be seen from two levels at your very pooja
room itself :

paramarthic level of reality : where all creatures in this univerase are
the equal.  difference exists only in the matter vestures. Even for Adi
Shankaracharya, the question from Chandala was "you are saying GO AWAY GO
AWAY,  from where to where? from the intert to inert or from chaitanya /
consciousness to chaitanya/consciousness?"

Lord dattatreya is associated with dog. 4 Dog sitting at the feet of
Dattatreya  symbolises 4 vedas.  In temples of Dattatreya, Dog is
worshiped.

At the vyavaharik level of reality i.e. the day to day world of living in
this world:
when our minds are yet to take off to the absolute/paramarthic/
transcendental reality, it is necessary to create that environment which is
contributes positively to our efforts. If the dog sitting near/ in front of
the pooja room does not come in the way of your devotion to the lord or
concentration  to do the pooja, then why aviod?

ultimately it is in how we see it and take it. please see for your comfort
zone to quieten your mind. madi is also for this purpose and  not for
anything else.

regards
vaidehi chaitanya