[Advaita-l] Eka jiva vada and nanajiva vada.

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 10:38:46 CDT 2013

Namaste

Nobody can forcibly think anything. It is a gentle reminder required.

Example - When someone scolded me I became upset. Now I can remind
myself. That person is only in my dream. He is not outside me but
inside. I have created him. Then I become peaceful. After much
practice like this it becomes natural.

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 7:46 PM, S Srivastava <sksrivastava68 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you naturally feel like the people are dream characters thinking is
>> not required.
>>
>> But a person if he is trying to adjust to the experience of everything
>> in waking is a dream he has to think like that. This thinking is for
>> beginners only. In the whole life from birth they are thinking all
>> people are outside them. Frequently repeating the thinking everything
>> in Jagrat Avastha is a dream is required for them. When they get
>> adjusted to this experience it may be natural for them.
>>

> Sir: Even in the beginning stage thinking like that is neither required nor
> useful. Effort is required to correctly understand the message of shruti.
> After that it becomes effortless.
>
> Thinking in a forced manner does not help in correct understanding. It may
> even cloud one's natural understanding.
>
> praNAm

-Venkatesh