[Advaita-l] Naivedya question

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 00:54:12 CDT 2013

Namaste

My father in law gave me one Saligrama shila last year. I was doing Pooja
everyday with Purusha Sukta Abhisheka. I was offering some coconuts and
other fruits naivedya and only on special days rice.  Some relatives told
me recently if you do Pooja for Saligrama it is compulsary to offer cooked
rice and ghee Naivedya every day. They are saying you have to cook rice not
on gas stove but charcoal stove. I think in Madhva Sampradaya they do this
Madi rice Naivedya. Should we also do the same? Is it compulsory to do rice
Naivedya every day to Saligrama?

Kindly request Sri Sriram and others to reply.

-Venkatesh