[Advaita-l] Do not bring Sankhya into Suddha Sankara Advaita

rajaramvenk at gmail.com rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed May 22 01:44:28 CDT 2013

Agreed. Brahman is the locus and object of avidya in eka jiva vada.

What about Maya? In mayinam tu mahevaram, mama maya duratyaya, vaishnavim maya, davim maya, atma maya etc., maya is considered to be a shakti of Ishwara. On the other hand, avidya is described as kuta, crooked etc. Does it give room for the theory that maya is different from avidya and has locus in Ishwara? Who first uses moolAvidya term and includes vidya and avidya under the ambit of moolAvidya?